The Center School is a loving community that celebrates each child’s unique personality, intelligence, and passion. Our school is a responsive learning environment, offering rigor and play in balanced abundance. Students emerge from our program with the skills and self-possession to be reflective, empathetic, and engaged citizens of our world.
The Center School:
- Embraces the natural diversity of learning styles and integrates academic, social, emotional, physical, and artistic learning.
- Collaborates with students to co-construct knowledge through exciting and open-ended processes.
- Encourages children and adults to form a vision of social justice – of equitable, compassionate communities – through active participation in their classroom, their school, and beyond.
- Invites students to approach every project and subject area with curiosity, critical thinking and a spirit of inquiry.
- Fosters a culture of connection and collaboration in which children feel truly known, valued, and motivated to learn and grow.