The Center School is seeking a charismatic, dynamic and hardworking Director of Admissions and Outreach. A key member of our core administrative team, the Director is the ambassador to the School. This person is also the decision-maker, tone setter, and strategist, focused on student recruitment, and admissions, as well as the marketing and outreach of the School’s program and brand. The Director is responsible for supervising all aspects of the Admissions and Outreach Office, and is the first point of contact for many people’s experience of the Center School. The Director’s duties include many tasks, skills, and responsibilities.
● Meet the enrollment objectives by enrolling a diverse group of students aligned with the Center School’s mission and culture
● Develop and manage an admissions experience that welcomes each family and student with warmth and care
● Design inspiring admissions and marketing materials and events
● Collaborate with our staff, students, and families to understand, reflect, and translate the Center School experience to the wider world
Experience and Qualities:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred
● Admissions work in a school and/or marketing, branding and outreach for a nonprofit or school
● Commitment to social justice, diversity, and equity
● Excellent organizational and time management skills, including managing databases and budgets
● Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including exceptional writing and public speaking skills
● Passion for collaboration with multiple constituencies within the community
● Familiarity with computer applications such as Google Suite, Day School, Excel, and Constant Contact
● Proficiency in basic graphic design
● Sense of humor
● Love of children
● Contract begins July 1, 2020
● Year round position
● Monday through Friday, business hours, full time
● Willingness to work evenings and weekends when needed
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Admissions and Outreach”in the subject line. The deadline for consideration is March 9th, 2020.
Substitute Teachers for grades K-8
To set up an interview and observation visit please call Amanda in the school office.
Teaching Interns for grades K-8
The Center School has a long-standing relationship with Antioch University’s Education Department. We take interns from their program almost every year.
We are also open to taking interns from other colleges and universities. To inquire please email Charlie Spencer, Head of School: email@example.com.